Linen sprays can make any bedroom smelling fresh and clean for hours. With only a few spritz on fabrics, it already gives off lasting scent between washes.
However linen sprays can be a bit pricey.
Good News! You can always opt for DIY linen sprays. Not only are these a fraction of the cost, but they are also free of the chemicals and artificial fragrances that are usually found in commercial fragrances.
For further information, Macey & Moore, a reputable name in the linen market, will guide you through all the things you need to know about homemade linen sprays.
Table of Contents
Uncovering the Benefits of Linen Spray
Among the main components of homemade linen sprays are essentials oils. These essential oil infused linen sprays offer great benefits, not only for your bedroom but for your mind and body, as well. Below, you will find some of the top reasons to use DIY linen spray.
Calm Nerves and Anxiety
Essential oils like chamomile, frankincense, geranium, lavender and marjoram help counteract anxiousness and nervousness. It also helps you to relax before bed at night.
Energize the Body
A spray of grapefruit, lemon, rosemary, peppermint, rosemary, or tea tree gives the body a boost to keep you awake in the morning or if you simply want an afternoon pick-me up.
Oils such as bergamot, grapefruit, orange and ylang-ylang helps you relax and balance mood swings. It is useful when you’re feeling down or dealing with depression.
Amplify Effects of Skincare Routine
Essential oils including basil, lavender, frankincense, and ylang ylang are a great addition to your skincare routine. It helps promote fair complexion and reduce signs of ageing, among others.
Chamomile, eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint, and white camphor oils are ideal for purifying the air. Such essential oils are also a natural remedy for many skin allergies.
Next question is, ‘How do I make my own DIY Linen Spray?’
DIY Linen Spray with Essential Oils (Recipe)
- 6-10 drops essential oil/s of your choice
- 2 tbsps. vodka or witch hazel
- 1 cup distilled water
- small glass spray bottle
- Combine vodka or witch hazel and essential oils in the spray bottle. Let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the scents to combine before shaking.
- Add distilled water to the bottle, leaving enough room so that the mixture doesn’t overflow when replacing the top.
- Store in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. Shake well before each use.
- Liberally spray on fabrics as desired.
- If you want a stronger scent, add up to 4 more drops of essential oil to the mixture. You can mix and match oils of your choice, but it would be wise to smell each one before adding to the spray bottle.
- Even when oil doesn’t mix with either water or alcohol, using the latter allows the spray to dry quickly while helping the scent to linger longer. This spray will last for months even without refrigerating.
- If possible, use light colored oils when spraying directly on fabric to avoid staining.
- Most sprays are safe for most fabric types. But you can always patch test to small areas to be certain.
Let us know your thoughts once you’ve tried our DIY Linen Spray recipe!
Macey & Moore is a trusted name in the pure linen market offering genuine coverlets, bedspreads, home interiors and much more. The business is marked by its signature use of Genuine Heavy Weight Pure Linen and shows a sincere commitment in providing the highest quality home interior products to the Australian market. Visit them online to find out more.