Prepping your house for an upcoming move?
After packing main parts of your house like the living room and bedrooms, you may probably pick the bathroom.
However, packing bathroom items is not as simple as throwing everything into the boxes and smacking labels.
Herein, we are sharing 5 tips to pack bathroom items for moving the right way:
1. Categorise items
Take everything out of your bathroom cupboards, drawers and cabinets and classify the items into different categories:
- Body and hair products—shampoos, conditioners, soap, and body wash
- Appliances—hair dryers and electric razors
- Toiletries—toothpaste, toothbrushes and dental floss
- Towels and linens—Bathrobes and bath towels
- Paper products—toilet paper, tissue paper, etc.
- Miscellaneous items—cleaning supplies, washing powder, brushes, foams, cosmetics, etc.
Categorising your items will give you a clear picture of what exactly you have and how many of those things will be worth packing.
2. Purge unwanted items
After sorting your bathroom items, you can easily decide which items you should keep and which ones you should get rid of.
Some of the tips to follow are:
- Throw away any expired, empty, or dried out products
- Get rid of broken or damaged items
- Give away the cosmetic items you’re not using to your friends or neighbours
- If you have half-filled bottles of shampoos or conditioners, use them up before the move or pack them tightly.
- Donate items that you no longer need and are in good condition like unused makeup or unopened shampoo bottle to local charities
- Discard hazardous items such as hairspray
3. Use plastic bags for liquid bottles
Moving opened bottles containing liquids could be risky and can ruin your other belongings.Invest in bubble wrap
It’s better to wrap all liquid bottles such as hand or body wash in plastic wrap or put them separately in zippered plastic bags to prevent leaks and spills.
Even better, place plastic wrap over the bottle openings and put back the caps to create a tighter seal.
4. Invest in bubble wrap
Bubble wrap is best for keeping your toiletries safe and intact during the entire moving process.
It can be used to wrap:
- accessories such as soap trays, dispensers, toothbrush stands, etc.
- fragile glass containers such as bottles, jars, etc
- bathroom mirror
- appliances such as hair curler or dryer
Wrap each item separately in bubble wrap to avoid any damage to other items.
5. Set aside the essentials
While packing your bathroom items, set aside the essentials such as shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, towel and anything else you can’t do without.
You will need these essentials until the last day in your old home and the first couple of days in your new home.
- Keep the first-aid kit handy during the entire relocation process
- Label the boxes containing delicate bathroom items as “FRAGILE”
- Put like items together, in separate boxes such as pack shampoo with conditioner and lipsticks with lip liners
- Instead of throwing away torn towels and bathrobes, use them as cleaning and padding materials
- Don’t flush your unused medicines
- Fully dry your items before packing to avoid the risk of mould growth on the boxes
In the end…
Packing bathroom items is an arduous and time-consuming process, especially when it comes to self-packing. However, by following these tips, you can take the stress out of your move and can efficiently pack your bathroom stuff in no time.
Also, hiring a professional moving company to ensure a smooth relocation is highly recommended. Visit the link https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/cheap-movers-adelaide/ to know more.