You may often find that in modern homes, carpeted floors have almost all been replaced with tiles. While people often thought that carpeting their houses made it safer for babies as it protected them from falls, carpets came with their own set of problems. Dusty carpets often led to allergies as the dust settled in and created allergens for children and pets. That is why in this day and age, most people prefer to get tiles on their floors. Not only do tiles give a classier look to the whole house, but they are far easier to maintain. You can easily clean off the tiles. In the case of spilled liquids or food, a mop can quickly restore your tiles to its former glory.
However, due to the easy nature of the maintenance of tiles, people often realize when it’s time to replace their old tiles. Tiles have an expiry date like everything else, and it is up to us to see the warning signs. Once the warning signs have been discovered, then it’s time to take some action. Your house deserves the best, and that’s why you need to find the best tiles in Canberra has to offer.
Here are five signs that will tell you that the time on your tiles has run out, and it’s time to replace them with something new.
- The emergence of chips and cracks: One of the most apparent signs of a floor that needs replacing is the emergence of chips and cracks in the tiles. These things show that the tiles cannot hold any more load, and any additional load is worsening their look. You may see a little chip here and little crack there and think to yourself that it’s not a problem worth fretting over. But what you don’t realize is that the more people walk over that chip or crack, the worse it becomes. This is one of those problems that instead of getting better, just get worse over time. The more you ignore these chips and cracks, the more they grow into a significant problem. These cracks can also prove to be dangerous. Cracks in tiles can increase the chances of people slipping and falling. Children can get their shoes or clothes get caught in the cracks or chips and sustain injuries. This problem is more prevalent in laminated tiles that are of low quality.
- Presence of mold: One warning sign that you definitely cannot ignore is the presence of mold. Mold is a dire problem that usually occurs in tiles that remain in constant contact with water like the tiles in your bathroom or maybe the tiles in your kitchen. This is one problem that cannot be avoided at any cost. As long as the tiles experience wetness, there is going to be a chance that they might develop mold. Mold can be a result of any lingering moisture, so there’s not much you can do except replace your tiles periodically. Letting mold to remain in your house is not only gross but a health hazard too. Children or pets can unknowingly inhale or ingest mold out of curiosity, which can cause them to develop a wide variety of health issues. With the installation of new tiles, the chances of re-development of mold go down considerably as the new tiles do not have any cracks or spaces in them that would allow any mold to spread.
- Stains that just won’t go away: The best part about tiles has to be the ease through which they can be cleaned. However, when that option of ease no longer exists, then it’s time to look towards something new. As time passes, you may start to notice that it’s getting harder to get the stains off your tiles. Furthermore, some stains refuse to go away, no matter how hard you try. The appearance of stained tiles can ruin the whole ambiance of a room. You can’t always use the excuse of the stains being too stubborn as they refuse to go away. People might see you as somebody who doesn’t pay enough attention to cleaning. There might come a time when even the strongest of cleaners might give up. When that happens, it’s time to invest in new tiles, as that is the only way to get rid of ugly stains.
- Tiles that seem to move on their own: The tiles beneath your feet should feel firm. If your tiles seem to be wiggling or are loose, then it means that they need to be replaced. Loose tiles are the telltale signs of a more significant issue. Often loose tiles are the indicators of bad news. While sometimes loose tiles could be a sign of improper installation, other times, it could be due to the presence of moisture in the sub-floor. Loose tiles are a hazard in the household as they can cause people to trip and fall. Such tiles can also occur as a result of heavy pieces of equipment or appliances resting on them over a considerable time, causing them to lose their structure. Loose tiles look shoddy and ruin the look of the room. If you want to make sure that your tiles are not a hazard to everyone in the house, then it’s time to replace them.
- Ruining the aesthetic of the room: Sometimes, the only thing wrong with the tiles in your room might be that they are not the correct fit. Perhaps you moved into a new house, and you do not agree with the design eye of the new owner. Or you recently got the whole place refurnished, but now your tiles don’t match the theme you had previously envisioned. Whatever the case may be, mismatched tiles can be an eyesore. Mismatched tiles may be a constant reminder that you did not get the theme that you envisioned for your dream home. You don’t have to make the old tiles work when you can easily get them replaced with another design of your preference. Think of it this way, rather than changing the whole room to match with the tiles. You can easily change the tiles so that it complements the rest of the room.
Replacing your tiles is an easy and cheap option if you have got the right contractor. The best part is that you can even do it yourself with a little bit of training and help from the internet. You shouldn’t put too much thought into it. If you feel that your tiles need a makeover, then replace them by getting the new tiles, but this time they should be the tiles of your dreams.Mismatched tiles, mold, Tiles, tiles in Canberra