The bathroom is the one room in the house where luxury should be standard and if you are planning a bathroom renovation, there is a lot to consider. We asked a seasoned bathroom designer for a few tips, which we list below.
- Keep the best of what you have got – When planning a bathroom revamp, you need to decide where to draw the line. Some aspects of the existing layout might be fine and by merging a few old features with new, you can transform your bathroom for a reasonable budget. Check out the stunning ADP bathroom accessories, which are great value for money and the best quality products in Australia. You might prefer to keep one wall as it is, with some nice ceramic tiles, or perhaps you like the ceiling and the light fittings, or would like to keep the bathtub. Certain things can be reused if they are removed carefully; draw up a plan and include features you want to remain.
- Consider bath options – If you are a person who loves nothing more than a long, hot soak, you won’t be interested in the prospect of removing the bath from the equation. If, on the other hand, you rarely use the tub, think of what you could do with that extra floorspace. You could add a walk-in digital shower with bespoke screening, but if a bathtub is a must, you can have a stand-alone ceramic bath as a central feature of the room.
- Choose luxury options – As mentioned previously, the bathroom should be a luxurious space; heated flooring and towel rails, for example, can all be incorporated into the design, while luxury gold faucets add a touch of glamour. Search online for a leading Australian bathroom supplier and browse the many fixtures and fittings on offer at reasonable prices. Click here for interesting information on hotel vanities.
- Think lighting – LED lighting offers a wide range of coloured illumination and you can order really fancy lighting fittings that transform your bathroom space. A good bathroom layout would have a combination of natural and artificial light and a well-placed mirror makes the room look more spacious than it really is. Install dimmer switches for fine adjustment to give you the perfect bathroom illumination. We all need a little luxury in our lives and the right light fittings go a long way towards creating a luxurious space.
- Consult with a bathroom designer – Most people are unaware that the bathroom store has an in-house bathroom designer and if you are purchasing your bathroom fixtures and fittings from the store, you have the free use of their designer. What’s not to like about free bathroom design? Let the professional designer create the layout, which won’t cost you anything.
Designing a new bathroom need not be an ordeal and with an in-house bathroom designer in your corner, the only way is up! Planning any home improvement project is an exciting time and there are a lot of free resources on the web to help you with planning.Tags: Bathroom Design