You may have quality furniture, attractive kitchen and best appliances, but all these would be nothing if your home lacks a formal entryway. A beautiful front door can improve your home's appeal. It can create a great first impression among your guests and visitors. As exterior doors get a lot of use, and are prone to wear and tear, it is critical to maintain and keep them fit.
Purchasing a new aluminum door or one with a large steel frame or a wooden one would be an easy option, but it will be expensive. Instead, why not give your old door a modern touch? If your present front door is in excellent condition, a new coat of paint offers an easy method for refreshing its appearance. A little paint and creativity could do wonders.
Replacing an older door with one featuring a new style is one way to begin your front entry makeover. This helps to add a new look to your sweet home at a low cost.
If the color of your door is a neutral shade, consider a bold hue that is eye-catching, bringing focus to the entrance.
- Choose a paint color that will best suit the rest of the house's exterior, considering the color of your home's siding, shutters and trim. Choose one that protects doors from harsh weather.
- If possible, take down the door by removing the nails from the siding which surrounds the door frame with a small pair of pincers, or paint your door in place.
- Clean the door surface using a clean, damp cloth and cover the door's hardware using painter's tape. Now you can apply two coats of exterior paint with primer to the outside of your door.
- If your door has panels, put tape around and inside each of those panels, leaving only the trim and grooves exposed. Before this step, make sure that the base coat has dried.
- Choose a contrasting color for this trim. Apply the trim with two coats using an angled brush.
- Use a bright accent color to paint the inside and top edges of the door. Remove all the tapes to enjoy the work you have done yourself.
- A stylish or elegant new doorknob adds value and will provide a finishing touch. Also, consider attaching some attractive accessories such as a light that adds more beauty to your entrance door.
Door knockers, mats, mailboxes, light fixtures and pretty wreaths can make your entrance attractive. You can also choose the number of door-lock options available in the market, such as thumb turn, latch-type, hook or keyed locks.
Even if you like to paint a dog door, no worries. You can do it quickly. Take a pet stencil and cut its interior portion and tape the outline to your door. Now paint inside the shape in your favorite color, let it dry and then remove the stencil. Ensure that the type of primer you use matches the type of paint you use.
Such small changes can make tremendous improvement in the appearance of your home! Hope you’ll enjoy this painting project.