One thing about 2020 is clear: we’ve all spent a lot of time at home. If you’ve been staring at the same four walls for months, you’re likely in the mood to make a few changes. Giving your home a facelift doesn’t require major surgery; you can instantly change the mood and elevate the style in your home with these 5 simple tips:
- Rearrange the Furniture. Go beyond simply switching the couch from one wall to the other wall; really move things around in a big way. Move chairs and tables, pillows, and accents from room to room. Create cozy conversation groupings where friends and family can visit in comfort. Try to make sure that every seat has a table within arm’s reach. With a keen eye and some creativity, you can use the pieces you have in new ways to refresh your home.
- Switch to White Sheets. Picture in your mind the most luxurious hotel beds you’ve ever seen or experienced. What do they all have in common? Crisp white linens. Replace your bold colors and patterns with high-quality pure white sheets and duvets for an instantly more sumptuous feel.
- Restyle Shelves. Take everything off the shelves, give them a very thorough dusting, and then start fresh. One key to achieving attractive, styled shelves is layering. Place objects in 3-D arrangements; your accents should sit in front, to the side, or on top of one another to create visual dimension. Keep your arrangements balanced. Stand items up against the back or even consider adding wallpaper to the background to help the items in front stand out more and avoid blank spaces. Keep colors in the same family and make sure to include different textures.
- Use Trays. Busy homes have a tendency to look busy; the many little pieces of everyday life collect mercilessly on flat surfaces. Tables and counters are magnets for “stuff.” Corralling all the miscellany on trays makes an instant difference. The things you need still stay within easy reach, but the space looks tidy and intentional. Your bathroom gets a healthy dose of chic when your hairbrush, toothbrush, tooth paste, lotion, and perfume live together in harmony on an attractive tray rather than roaming aimless and free across the counter. Trays are perfect for adding style to bedside tables, kitchens, end tables, and coffee tables.
- Upgrade Your Hardware. Your home has lots of hardware. Things like doorknobs, hinges, faucets, cabinet pulls, and wall plates are present in every single room of your home. Replacing your old hardware with modern pieces is a small change that makes a big impact.
In one afternoon, you can use these simple tips to completely change the feel of your home. Now’s the perfect time to give your home a fresh new look.Tags: 5 Simple Ways, Upgrade Your Home