This article will be helpful for all people who want to change their home sidings. People usually change their home sidings because the previous one may get damages or loss its beauty. What may be the reason but this article will inform you about the new trends in sidings in Michigan. These new trends include vinyl sidings & metal siding. Metal sidings are also very popular among the people of Michigan because of its durability and less maintenance cost. There are many siding contractors in Michigan who will help you in remolding of your home in less cost. If you are searching for some local professionals then check siding contractors Michigan.
Metal sidings are available in two types, aluminum sidings and steel sidings.
Aluminum sidings are formed in the form of extruded panels. These panels are found in a wide variety of colors and textures. If these sidings are cared properly then they can last for 40 years.
Advantages of Aluminum Sidings
- Aluminum siding does not rust & rot.
- It is fireproof.
- It is impermeable to termites
- It is light weight and easy to install.
- It is very durable option.
Things to look while selecting Aluminum Sidings:
- It scratches and dents easily.
- It can be warped in extreme weather.
- It corrodes if it is not properly maintained.
Steel is a heavy metal. The steel siding’s benefits are similar to aluminum but the key differences are that steel is more durable, stronger and heavier than aluminum siding.
Advantages of Steel Sidings
- Steel siding is more durable than vinyl, wood and aluminum siding.
- It won’t get rust soon and is also fire-proof.
- Its maintenance is very easy.
- It is termite free material.
Things to look while selecting Steel Sidings
- Steel siding is very heavy and is very difficult to install.
- Its installation cost is also very high.
- Professionals are needed for its installation.
Metal sidings are very energy efficient choice. If you live in hot climate than reflective metal coatings on the metal can help a lot in cooling your home and reduce your cooling costs. These metal panels divert the sun’s rays and keep your home cool from inside. On the contrary, if you live in cool climate then these metal sidings also very helpful in keeping your home warm. For this you have to choose dark color for your home siding. These metal siding absorb the sun rays and keep your inner warm.